Sunday, March 1, 2009

My Personal Goal


Since I have a child with scolioisis whose pain issues have been solved by a conservative brace (SpineCor), I want to make sure I reach as many patients (child and adult) as possible to let them know that there is help out there. The medical profession doesn't recognize the brace, or other conservative treatment, which is ridiculous because it works! I have no financial gain, I am a journalist who hates the thought that children (and adults) are being sent into dangerous spinal fusion because a doctor is refusing to admit the truth - that a conservative method of treatment is actually working.

Since scoliosis has a genetic link, and tends to run in families, I want to ensure that my great, great grandchildren will be able to look up this site, and find out that there was a brace that worked on their great granfdather, in case, god forbid, doctors are still unwilling to admit that anything short of spinal fusion works.

Some have suggested that surgeons just want to make money on the surgery (upwards to $100,000.00 per), but I don't want to believe that, I think that doctors are just being stubborn, and forgetting the importance of 'continuing education'. God help the surgeon that does life altering surgery on a human being who could have avoided surgery. Let this site be the watchdog!! Surgeons beware.

No comments:

Post a Comment