Sunday, March 1, 2009

Help for scoliosis sufferers

I've decided to set up this blog for people who are getting conflicting advice concerning treatment for themselves or their children's scoliosis. Having gone through this with my son, and finally finding a resolution for him (read Amazing Brace, link below), I am appalled that the medical profession still insists that the best 'treatment' for scoliosis is to 'wait and watch' until the curve is big snough for spinal fusion, one of the most dangerous and painful surgeries performned today. When will doctors get the message? Not until parents and patients insist on change. Hopefully this blog will help do that. This blog is for anyone who would like to share their story, receive help and support, or seek advise. We have to change medical treatment for scoliosis at the med school level, because that's what is going to have to happen to get doctors to open their eyes. My goal is to save children and adults from spinal fusion by using the best conservative treatmentss available, and yes conservative treatment works, I know that firsthand. I receive letters daily from people who have been helped by conservative treatments. I add my own son's success to that list.
Cheers - there is hope!
Sharon
sharondunn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment